Chamber Music Course-Workshop
¿Who is it for?
To music students of higher degrees, the last years of the professional degree, master’s degree or first years of professional career who wish to work intensively on chamber music together with musicians with international professional careers.
We offer you:
- Free entry to all Festival concerts.
- Daily chamber music classes and orchestra sessions (mornings 10am to 2pm). Talks, meetings, master classes (afternoons from 4pm to 7pm).
- 2 chamber concerts for course participants (afternoons of July 29 and 30). Participation in the concerts of the Festival orchestra (July 31 and August 1).
- Possibility of individual instrument classes with the Festival teachers (limited places subject to availability and in order of registration).
General course calendar:
- 23/7 First concert of the Festival 24/7 Wellcome to students
- 24/7 to 30/7 Classes, talks and other activities.
- 7/29 and 7/30 Chamber Concerts of the participants.
- 7/31 Concert of the orchestra program at the Serra Festival *
- 1/8 Closing concert. Orchestra program at the Capitol Theater * (Godella).
* All string students and a selection, if necessary, of winds and percussion will participate.
Orchestra program (7/31 and 8/1):
Matilde SALVADOR: The nightingale and the rose (selection). Conductor: Joan Enric Lluna. Joseph HAYDN, Symphony no. 64. Conducted from the violin by Philip Graffin.
Darius MILHAUD, La Création du Monde. Conductor: Joan Enric Lluna.
Maurice RAVEL, La Valse (for string group, teachers only). Conducted from the violin by Philip Graffin.
Complementary course activities:
- Talk by the composer Mauricio Sotelo about his work (July 24, 7:00 p.m.).
- Seminar on klezmer and Indian music, by Robindro Nikolic (July 25, 12:30 pm).
- Talk about Messiaen and the Quartet for the End of Time, (July 25, 7:00 p.m.).
- Master classes with Trío Arbós (July 26, 12:30 pm) and with Philip Graffin (July 26, 7:00 pm).
- Practical talk on the physical problems of musicians, Carles Marín (July 28, 6pm).
Registration and prices:
Registrations of groups and individual instrumentalists are allowed (groups will be formed with the rest of the individual registrations). Steps to enroll in the course:
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, date of birth, instrument you play, name of your teacher, center where you study / current course, if you come alone or in a group, telephone and email of contact and if you request an extra individual class and with which teacher.
2) Make a transfer, indicating your full name, to the account number of the Association “Amics per la música de cambra”: ES78 1491 0001 2730 0009 9282 Course price per participant = € 225.
3) Attach the proof of payment to your email and send it before July 2.
For course students who need it, we provide you with information on a very practical (due to its proximity to the course facilities) and inexpensive option. This way you can manage your stay autonomously and with time on the days of the course.
Facilities of the San José Seminary (Tlf: 963638815) Carretera de Bétera 2, 46110 Godella.
ROOMS: double room (€ 20), with breakfast (€ 25), with half board (€ 35), full board (€ 45). (VAT 10% not included. Prices per person).
HOSTEL: only sleep € 15, with breakfast € 20, half board € 25, full board € 30. (VAT 10% not included. Prices per person)
Teachers / Professors
Associació Amics PER LA Música de Cambra A Godella
Plaça l'Ermita, 4
46110 Godella (Valencia)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERIES